Welcome, ACRC Members!
Lionheart is thrilled to welcome you to our virtual booth!
Here you can:
The Lionheart Foundation, established in 1992, is a 501[c] nonprofit organization committed to developing and scaling high-impact, social-emotional learning (SEL) programs designed specifically for our target populations. These include:
- EQ2 for direct care staff serving trauma-impacted youth populations
- Power Source for at-risk youth in residential care, juvenile justice settings, and schools
- Power Source Parenting for teen parents in group homes, shelters, and community programs
- Houses of Healing for adults in prisons and jails
Learn more about our staff and youth programs below!
for direct care staff serving at-risk youth
We know that trauma-informed care depends on the presence of self-regulated adults. But stress, challenging youth behavior, and staffs’ own trauma histories can impact our capacity to show up in “a good way.”
That’s why we’re excited to introduce you to EQ2, an interactive training and support program to help staff:
- Build skills to de-escalate crisis
- Develop resiliency practices that help reduce burnout, secondary-traumatic stress, and turnover
- Build their self-regulation skills and understand their own triggers
- Model and build youths’ social and emotional skills
- Understand trauma’s impact on youth’s behavior and development
- Reduce co-worker conflict
- Create healing communities of support
Watch the EQ2 overview video!
I am in love with this program. I think that it is incredibly beneficial for our group home staff and clients to utilize. It has made a tremendous impact so far, and it's nice watching the program be implemented on a daily basis.
jenn balut, keystone adolescent center
Ready to check out the EQ2 App?
ACRC Members can try the App for free until June 18th!
1. Download the app by clicking on one of the buttons
2. When prompted for an "Agency Code", enter: ACRC23
3. Enjoy! You can try the app for free until June 18th.
Feel free to share the App with others in your agency!
Interested in learning more about EQ2?
for at-risk youth
Power Source is an evidence-based program designed to empower at-risk youth with the social and emotional skills necessary to forge paths of healthy development and disengagement from high-risk and offending behaviors. Speaking directly to the needs of trauma-impacted youth, Power Source combines empirically backed, evidence-based interventions with real world language, concepts, and stories directly from system-involved youth and adults.
This widely embraced program helps youth:
- Learn effective strategies for emotion regulation
- Change negative core beliefs about themselves
- Reduce engagement in high risk behavior, such as interpersonal violence
- Heal from histories of trauma
- Discover alternative coping strategies to substance use
- Develop resilience and acquire the social and emotional skills associated with success in school, the workplace, and in the world at large
Your book Power Source has changed my life entirely. I have been in and out of placement for the last 4 years then a month ago I got a chance to read your book then my whole world changed. I used to do all the high risk behavior you listed in your book except two. But now I have a plan after I get out to go to college to become a counselor and a preacher and it’s all because of your book. Thank you so very much for everything.
william, 17 years old, locked youth facility, virginia
Power Source is listed on CrimeSolutions.gov, a repository of evidence based programs from the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ). Additionally, Power Source is included in the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention’s (OJJDP’s) Model Program Guide.
Explore the Power Source Materials
Power Source Parenting:
for teen parents
Most teen parents share one thing in common — the desire to be great parents, the kind of loving and unconditionally supportive caretakers they may not have had. Power Source Parenting empowers youth to become exactly that.
Power Source Parenting is an innovative, trauma-informed program designed to provide adolescents with the knowledge and skills they need to grow into strong adults, become effective parents, and raise healthy children. What separates Power Source Parenting from other programs is the belief that self regulation lies at the heart of effective parenting and that you can’t teach your own children critical social and emotional skills without possessing them yourself.
The interactive, thirteen-session program addresses:
- How to balance the competing needs of being a teen and being a parent
- Managing challenging emotions
- The importance of creating a healthy attachment to your baby
- Using positive discipline practices
- Establishing healthy relationships with partners
- Finding common ground with the baby’s father
- Three generational living
- Understanding how high risk behavior impacts your ability to parent effectively
- Becoming an emotion coach to your child
Power Source Parenting gives young parents vital information, practical tools and a clear picture of challenges they will face and skillful ways to meet those challenges