Video #1 – Risk-Taking: Life On The Edge
Our experience with highly at-risk youth has shown us that the topic of risk-taking is a non-threatening point from which to embark upon the challenging work of self-reflection and the creation of positive change with young people. As a result, we begin the video series with the topic of risk-taking. Most Power Source groups begin with the risk-taking module. Providing facilitators with a dynamic video on risk-taking helps to ensure that members become engaged with the program from the onset.
THE RISK-TAKING VIDEO
After providing a clear definition of negative high-risk behavior, the video is presented in 10 distinct segments. They address:
- Naming high-risk behaviors
- Why do kids take risks?
- Outer situations that can trigger high-risk behaviors
- Thoughts and feelings that trigger high-risk behaviors
- Consequences of high-risk behavior
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Standing up to peers
- How to feel good without the high-risk
- New ways to look at high-risk behavior
Time: 33:38 minutes
Throughout the Risk-Taking video are clear and concise cues to facilitate group discussion.