Feedback from Trainings
- unanimous YES from 55 New Jersey DOC mental health professionals and 60 Wyoming DOC participants
Was the information presented relevant to your needs/expectations?
- yes, very appropriate. excellent presentation
- informative professionally and personally
- Excellent! I wish this could have been a 2 day conference
- extremely interesting, helpful, useful
- exceeded expectations
- very interesting and insightful about ourselves and others
- Excellent perspective for personal growth.
- Above my expectations
How will you use the principles taught in this program?
- In groups. Much of the material helpful for work with individuals as well.
- Perhaps not discrete Houses of Healing group – but certainly integrate into existing group/individual sessions.
- Implement this model as well as integrate with other groups.
- By reading the book and employing it in all aspects of life.
- to address inmates in a psycho-educational group format
- To teach maximum security inmates to deal with themselves
- Initially I plan to incorporate many concepts into behavior mod & grief and loss classes
- I plan to incorporate the overall theory and principles into improving treatment groups.
What was your general attitude toward the course upon completion?
- excited about opportunity to provide better treatment to inmates
- Appreciate Robin’s synthesis into concise, eloquent and understandable/presentable book.
- The idea of forgiveness was a concept I had never considered while initially working in corrections, but what an important concept it is on so many levels i.e. the self, victim, perpetrator of crime, family of victims, etc.
- Gives me some hope that there can be positive outcomes
- Motivated and inspired. A new perspective to promote growth
- Very pleased – better than I thought/would like more. Look forward to getting the training manual and reading the book.
- Gratitude. All this good work was pulled together – and we can put it to use.
- Very satisfied with the training. I felt that I was ready to be more open minded about life and its various aspects.